Sunday, March 23, 2008

EASTER FEAST (for two)











Today could have seemed like a typical New York (almost Spring!!) Sunday...

I walked around my neighborhood basking in the sun (yes, with my coat still on), went to Physique 57 to work out, met my friend Natalie at the Chelsea Market (I of course tasted the Fat Whitch brownie samples on my way in), picked up my friend's dog from Pup Culture...but it's actually Easter Sunday and all I could think about all day was FOOD.  I was anxious to get in the kitchen and cook up a flavorful feast for the holiday. The unfortunate thing was that I had to wait for dinner, so I literally spent my day wasting time trying to get my mind off of the juicy lamb chops that were marinating in my refrigerator. I had gone to my local butcher the day before, who had cut and prepared a rack of lamb for me, and stopped by the bodegas and shops in my hood for the rest of the fresh ingredients for my meal: Mouthwatering herb and garlic grilled lamb chops with roasted brussels sprouts and red potatoes. Homemade chocolate and raspberry sorbet eggs from Cones with crumbled freshly baked biscotti on top from Rocco's. Delightful. 

I used a Giada De Laurentiis recipe for the marinade on my lamb chops. I can always count on Giada!

Giada's Grilled Lamb Chops
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Tbls fresh rosemary leaves
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
Pinch cayenne pepper
Coarse sea salt
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
8 lamb chops

In a food precessor add garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, and salt. Pulse until combined. Pour in olive oil and pulse into a paste.  Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops and let them marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.  When ready to cook,  allow the chops to come to room temperature before cooking. 

Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Potatoes
Extra-virgin olive oil
10 oz brussels sprouts, halved
10 oz red potatoes, quartered
Sprinkle of dried oregano
Sprinkle of dried basil
Sprinkle of fresh thyme
Sprinkle of fresh rosemary
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.  Put parchment paper down in a baking dish. Place vegetables in the baking dish and add the olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Toss to coat the vegetables evenly. Add more olive oil if the vegetables seem dry. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. 

In the mean time, heat a grill pan over high heat, add the lamb chops and sear for about 2 minutes.  Flip the chops over and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare. 

Chocolate and Raspberry Sorbet Eggs with Crumbled Biscotti
Homemade Chocolate and Raspberry Sorbet
Freshly baked hazelnut biscotti

Place biscotti in plastic bag. Crush with a meat tenderizer. Scoop out sorbet and plate. Sprinkle with biscotti.


Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Erin
    Glad you had a wonderful meal on Easter. Your photograph looked extremely appetizing. Look forward to your recipes.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete