Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Best Turkey Meatballs. Ever.


I was leaving Equinox one evening a few weeks ago craving their turkey meatballs that they serve there....the greatest weeknight dinner.  I had never wanted something so badly. I hadn't stopped talking about them throughout my workout to the point that I also convinced my friend Natalie that she wanted them for dinner that night too. When they were out, we were thoroughly disappointed. After whining to the cashier for a few minutes and pouting to one another, we finally pulled ourselves together and walked to Gourmet Garage to get ingredients to make our own. The last thing I wanted to do that night was to spend the time to actually cook my dinner, but once we walked in we started to get creative.  Pine Nuts!  Top 'em on salads, pastas, and vegies. Bake 'em in cookies and cakes, toast 'em for extra crunch.....the highest form of protein in a nut. Done. The BEST Turkey Meatballs ever. 

Turkey Meatballs with Pine Nuts

1 lb ground turkey
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 large egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 Tbls pine nuts, toasted cooled and chopped
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
olive oil

Stir together. Form small-sized balls. Place olive oil in medium-heat skillet. Place a few meatballs in at a time, shaking skillet until browned and cooked through. Top with a ready-made tomato sauce. Serve with a mixed greens salad. 

I usually cook half and freeze the rest for later in the week. I have had these around over the past month and eat them at least once a week! Perfection. 


2 comments:

  1. I made these tonight and they were DELICIOUS. I was craving meatballs and remembered seeing this post years ago- so glad you kept it!
    xx alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. These meatballs were great the family loved them.

    ReplyDelete