Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yum.

I know that I have already written about the best turkey meatballs. Ever. I just thought I'd share this with you...


Served tonight with whole wheat thin spaghetti and topped with homemade tomato sauce. Satisfyingly healthy, flavorful and delish.

Five Minute Tomato Sauce

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
zest of a lemon
fresh basil, chopped

Combine olive oil, red pepper flakes, sea salt and garlic in a saucepan. Stir while you heat, about a minute, just until everything is fragrant- you do not want the garlic to brown. Stir in the tomatoes and heat to a simmer. Remove from heat. Stir in the lemon zest and fresh basil.

2 comments:

  1. I have tried numerous times to make good turkey meatballs, but had no success. They usually turned out flavorless. I'm looking forward to trying your recips- they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Let me know what you think! These are seriously THE best. I would have these over and over again! This is probably the first time that I hav actually missed meat since I have gone vegan...these will do that to ya! : )

    ReplyDelete